Friday, December 11, 2015

Life At the Moment

The past few days I have spent alternately flat on my back or curled up in a little ball. At first we thought it was a stomach flu bug, but as it progressed over 4 days we concluded it was more likely food poisoning. Whatever it was, it kicked my butt! I'm sure you don't want to hear about the various forms of fluid that exited my body, but suffice to say that my whole system cleaned itself out. It's like a reset, a new start - because believe me, there is nothing left in my body from the past week!

It got me thinking about resets, new starts, second chances. Obviously the new year is swiftly approaching, the time when most people ponder their past and set new goals for their future. Sometimes a fresh start is exactly what we need, getting rid of the old distractions and focusing on the changes that need to be made. While letting go of the past isn't always a pleasant experience, sometimes it is necessary before we can move on to the new goals ahead.

Well, there's my deep thought of the day. In other news, my unit Christmas party was Sunday. It was a blast for the kids - games, presents, Santa, a bounce house, etc. For the adults, it was kinda boring. The food was definitely the best part - and there was plenty of it! Much better than last year, when, due to a misunderstanding, my sweetie and I didn't get to eat at all!

After drill weekend, we got to visit with some of my wonderful in-laws. We also viewed a property that we are considering buying in the future.

Not sure yet where exactly we will settle down, but we intend to be somewhat close to my hubby's family. We want to be involved with family, especially when we're ready to have kids. We want property that we can raise animals and children on, room to expand and experiment and live. Room for kids to play, room to grow and raise most of our own food, room to work with our hands on the land and enjoy the years we are given.

And now we are back on the road. We have already added a few more states to our trucking map (at the bottom of the page). The last few days we haven't moved much since I was sick, but we're ready to see where we're headed next. Safe travels to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment