Thursday, January 22, 2015

Proud of My Honey

First of all, I want to give a big shout out to my honey, who just got a big promotion at work! So very proud of my amazing husband - and very glad that they are acknowledging all his hard work and dedication to the job. It isn't the best job but he does his best at it every day. In fact, that was one of the first things I noticed about him when we met that made me respect him deeply. I respect him all the more now after all this time and love him dearly, and I'm so proud of all his accomplishments! He is truly an amazing person and I'm honored to be his wife.
A recent photoshoot, credit JCPenney

Unfortunately, however, with the promotion came a shift change. He now works graveyards, and I see him about 4 hours a day.

For anyone who has never worked an opposite shift as their spouse - let me tell you, it is rough.

#3 snuggling with her daddy
For one thing, I've forgotten how to sleep alone. It's hard to get to sleep, and when I do, I sleep restlessly. I wake up in the night because night because I'm reaching for him and he's not there. I've spent the last 8 months snuggled with him every night, feeling safe and warm, and now sleeping alone feels empty and vulnerable. #3, bless her heart, does her best to keep me company by curling up beside me and protecting me, but it's just not the same.

But the worst part is all the time we miss out on. Budgeting 4 hours a day together is difficult. Do we run errands or do we take a nap so we can both get some rest? I miss the days of snuggling on the couch to watch a movie before work or lounging in bed just talking and laughing.

The good news is that it's not forever. He may be switching to another shift soon, and when that happens I may be able to change my work hours to correspond with his. This too shall pass, and many other couples go through similar situations and come out stronger.

Until then, I put on some quiet worship music at night and fall asleep snuggling his pillow. I miss him terribly but try to let him know how much I appreciate everything he does for us. I usually have breakfast on the table when he comes home so we can enjoy as much time together as possible. Every moment is precious!
credit JCPenney

No comments:

Post a Comment