Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Happy Birthday, My Love

It's my sweetheart's birthday today and I thought it was only fitting that I share a little bit of our story. It's amazing to look back and see how far we've come, and I can't wait to see where the future leads!

When we first started out together, we spent two months living in a tent, in the primitive area of a local campground, with no electricity or running water - and yet we had never been happier, because we had each other. We got an apartment together and furnished it mainly with things given to us and thrift store purchases. Over time, we made it our own and we enjoyed our little nest. We got married, we grew together; jobs and schedules came and went but our relationship was the anchor, the constant in an ever-changing world. Then we decided to go on the road for awhile, to pay off debts and save money for the house and lifestyle that we want in the future. And here we are, a year later, driving across the country and happy just being together.

I love you more today than yesterday. I love you with all my heart and everything in me. I love you for ever and for always, and always will. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment