Sunday, November 15, 2015

Our First Anniversary

One year ago today, I married my best friend.

November 15, 2014

It's been an interesting year... We've had our ups and downs. We've learned so much about each other and learned how much we have yet to learn. We've faced a lot together and come through stronger and closer than ever.

A year ago, I had no idea we would be spending our first anniversary in a semi. I had no idea that we would put everything we own in storage and hit the road, driving thousands of miles every week. I had no idea I would wake up this morning, with my sweetheart and our dog all crammed on a twin size bed, somewhere in California... But here we are.

November 15, 2015

And you know what? No matter where we are or what we are doing, there is nowhere I would rather be than by the side of this amazing man. Come what may, we will face it together - and that is everything.

A year ago, we had already been through so much, we were already deeply committed to each other, and we were thrilled to officially and legally pledge ourselves to each other before God and our family and friends. Today, we have a deeper understanding, commitment, and love for each other.

Love is a living thing, that grows or ebbs based on how you feed it. Every day we make the choice to love each other, to choose each other, to have patience with each other, to be kind to each other, to be there for each other.

I can't wait to see what God has for our future. No matter where we go, no matter what we do...I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment