Sunday, May 3, 2015

Wreaths

First off, I have a blessing to share: I got a promotion! I'm now an admin! There's still stress, I'm still on my feet all day, etc, but I'm actually enjoying this job. And for once, I'm starting to think perhaps I could make a career out of this line of work. We shall see where it goes, but for now I'm enjoying organizing paperwork, delegating to coaches, and assisting the management. I'm very blessed!

In the meantime, I spent a little while today shopping for annual training, and tonight I will be spending a good deal of time packing for said annual training. It is, in fact, that time of year. And in all fairness, it's my first AT - last year I had orders as support for a big training event, so this is my first time going to AT. So should be an interesting experience. I'm hoping for some good training, plenty of shooting time, and hopefully a promotion. :)

On a different note, I got crafty recently and decided our front door, which has been bare since after Christmas, needed a new wreath! While I was at it, I made both a spring wreath and a summer wreath.

I'm not entirely happy with the spring wreath yet. I'm thinking that perhaps in the future I might wrap some leaves around the bare part of the wreath, but for the time being, it hangs cheerfully on our door just as it is.

Before: a grapevine wreath, a nice bunch of silk flowers, and a wooden letter. I painted the letter yellow and decided where to place the flowers.

A little hot glue on the flower stems to make sure that they stayed in place, and glued twist ties on the back of the letter D, and here's the finished product:

For the summer wreath, I began with a slightly smaller grapevine wreath, a set of red, white, and blue flowers, and another letter.

Again, I painted the letter and glued twist ties on the back, and glued the flower stems in place. It turned out pretty great too!

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the wreaths! The spring wreath currently hangs on our door and certainly brightens up our entryway, and has inspired some of our neighbors to also hang wreaths. Happy spring to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment