Monday, March 31, 2014

Daydreams














Oh that I were of my time the master
To make of it whatever I please -
That, should the result be such disaster,
Were I to call it a masterpiece
There would be none that dare disagree
For that prerogative lies only with me

Oh that I were to all claims unbound -
Unfettered and free as a bird in flight -
No chain strong enough to tie me down,
The open sky my prize, my right,
And on the capricious breeze to soar
Landing only to take flight once more

It is not foreordained that I should remain free
Unburdened by the cares this world may dredge;
My daydreams I must submit willingly
And at last my allegiance I must pledge:
To duty to country, to God above,
To a few I hold dear, and to one true love

2014 Rebekah Davis, all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment